tristan, ASE Certified Technician

2000 Buick Century: Power dads garage..back seat..clips

Power windows on my 2000 Buick Century are malfunctioning. Windows won't go up - this car sat in my Dad's garage - no one used the back seat windows and they are the ones malfunctioning. Motor sounds ok - could be something else?
Plastic clips? Sure hate to replace all the motors - so expensive. This car has 43,000 miles - mint. Can you help?
Category: Buick
Expert:  tristan replied 7 years ago.
unfortunately if you can head the motors running then the problem is the window regulator cable have broken so each window thats malfunctioning the regulator will have to be replaced. the windows on those cars have to be rolled down once a week to keep the cable lubricated, otherwise the will rust and break (the only get lubed when the cable go threw the grease pocket that house the spool) good luck. and please accept my answer. thanks T-MAN