Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Buick Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.

Buick regal: light fuse..drivers side door..another fuse panel

I have a buick regal 2000 and i cannot find the back up light fuse on the fuse panel near the drivers side door is there another fuse panel or is the fuse listed with an unusual abbreviation.

That would be Fuse # XXXXX in the Underhood Fuse / Relay Panel

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that fuse is only a 7.5 rear compt relay. I don't think that is the one i am looking for. My problem is my backup lights will not come on when i shift into reverse. Any other suggestions. I tested the fuse number 33 and it is working.

That is the Back Up Light Fuse that powers the Back Up Light Relay

If you have Voltage on both sides of Fuse 33, then it is either the Relay or the Back Up Light Switch

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where are the relay and back up light switch located? I am willing to pay more if i can solve this problem. The schematic doesn't show me where they are located on the car.

Left of the IP, mounted on the multi-purpose bracket, near the body control module (BCM)

The Switch is part of the BCM & is controlled via the Transmission Control