FIXITMAN, Master Technician

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL: the interior climate control fan..speeds

I have a 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL and the interior climate control fan will not shut off and is draining the battery, the fan also does not come on at times and changes speeds independent of the settings, any ideas?
Hello dennisbwalter, does the climate controls turn off and the fan just stay on?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the fan runs even when the controls are off and the LED control screen is blank., also the fan speed is irregular and high speed rarely works when control is set to high, but the fan will run on high by itself at times as well, reguardless of the setting-really screwed up. Low speeds seem to run consistent as long as the fan turns on initially using controls.
Okay. This is a common problem on your vehicle. There is a technical bulletin from GM for this problem. It requires that a capacitor be installed in the blower module connector. It keeps the wiper motor from sending a voltage spike to the blower.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have accepted your answere and thank you for your time. Could you tell me if this is a recall item and if the tech bulletin is available online?