Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Buick: My left rear wheel locked up, my son-in-law was a crew chief

My left rear wheel locked up, my son-in-law was a crew chief so he takes care of my car, when he took off the wheel, there was a broken part that fell out, he found the part but now doesn't know where it goes in the wheel, is there a drawing of parts in the wheel I can obtain....he's trying to do it himself so I don't have to pay a shop as I'm a Senior and love my Buick!
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.

HI,

What is the year and model of your Buick?

Rear drum or rear disc brakes?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have front wheel drive.......brakes are fine, it was a little part that had broken, like coat hanger width....must have snapped in half thus the parking brake wouldn't come off......
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.

I still need to know the model Buick you have. Is it a regal, century, LeSabre, skylark, park avenue?

Without knowing the exact model of your buick, I dont know which diagram to provide.

Also, the rear wheel assemblies are different between the rear drum brake assembly and the rear disc brake assembly, so I need to know which yours has

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, I thought I had already mentioned it, it's a Buick LeSabre........I have front wheel drive.......I think disc..no sure.......could I have my son-in-law contact you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a LeSabre........was looking in my book...all it says is hydraulic.....and th two black metal parts to the brakes are curved.........I'm sorry .just don't know much about cars......
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.

Here are exploded view diagram and diagram with all parts in place:

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much, Eric!