Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year Factory Trained Current GM Technician

2000 buick lesabre For A/C or heating, left side is not as

2000 buick lesabre: For A/C or heating, left side is not as cool or warm as right side; right side yields expected/desired results. Is this enough information to determine problem and repair path?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

I have fixed this complant on these cars by charging the AC system. If the freon level gets low on these cars, The evaporator wont cool all the way and you will get a noticeable difference on side to side tempature. Get the freon pulled out and put the system under vacuum for at least 15 minutes and recharge the freon to the correct level. It is also a good idea to add dye to the system while doing this.

Also, you did not indicate if this had a single temp control ot Dual (driver and Passenger control) control unit. If it does, there could also be a problem with the temp door motor on the drivers side.

I would start by checking the freon level first. Dont know if you can read this or not, But here is another person I helped with this problem
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is a dual control unit, and the passenger side operates normally.

How can I test/verify that it's the temp. door motor?,
and is replacing this something a DIY person can do without special tools or experience?
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
If you move the drivers temp lever to hot you should feel a big difference when the engine is warmed up. You can pull the shild off above the gas pedal and watch the drivers temp door while you move the lever and see if it moves too. If moves ok, look at the freon level.

here is a picture of it. #1