Travis
Travis, Buick Technician
Experience:  7+ years of GM dealership experience, GM ASEP trained, Assoc. Degree in Auto. Tech.
14792462

HOW DO YOU REPLACE THERMOSTAT ON 97 LESABRE

Thanks for the question.

Click here for the instructions, please let me know if you have any questions about it.

Thanks,
Travis
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This does not look like my car set up. 97 Buick LeSabre Custom, 6 cyl, transverse mounted engine.
3.8 engine?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes
This is the correct procedure, verified by 2 sources. You should be able to follow the upper radiator hose to the thermostat housing. The thermostat will be under the housing. The picture shows the throttle body removed, that is maybe why it does not look the same as yours.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Travis:

I'm not to swift on this car. Think engine cover messing me up with looking at your diagram. How do you remove engine cover?

Ok, that would make it look different. Depending on the year, that cover was not there, but since you have it, grab hold of the oil filler neck and turn it left to remove it. The whole thing will come off including the cap. If there is a nut on the top, remove it. Pull the front of the cover up and pull out towards you to remove it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Travis:

Thanks for info. Now looks good. A little bonus for putting up with dumb questions.

No problem.
There is no such thing as a dumb question. I am glad to help out.

Thanks again,
Travis