JamesH
JamesH, Auto Service Tech
Experience:  Auto Service Tech Have worked on GM for 8 years

2002 buick park avenue: water leaking..under dash..floorboard..AC

Customer Question

water leaking excessivly from under dash onto floorboard.
could the AC drain be stopped up and where does the drain
line exit the vehicle? 2002 buick park avenue.
Category: Buick
Expert:  JamesH replied 5 years ago.
What is the color of the substance use a white paper towel and soak some up. Also check your radiator fluid level under the hood, is it full?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
radiator fluid is full. water leaking on floorboard is clear. appears to be AC condensation due to clogged line. can it be unclogged?
Expert:  JamesH replied 5 years ago.
sorry for the delay internet went down for a moment. Its an issue with the ac drain tube in order to fix the problem you will have to replace the tube also I suggest a flush on the A/C since the tube is clogged it could be pretty ugly in the system. Thanks

TOOLS REQUIRED

• J 43600 Air Conditioning Service Center
  • J 45268 Flush Adapter Kit
  • J 41447 Leak Detection Dye
  • J 41459 Leak Detection Dye Injector
  • J 42220 Leak Detection Lamp

IMPORTANT: Flushing is not intended to remove metal from the A/C system.

Flushing is intended to remove the following:

• Contaminated PAG oil
  • Desiccant, following a desiccant bag failure
  • Overcharge of PAG oil
  • Refrigerant contamination

IMPORTANT: Warmer engine or ambient temperature decreases the refrigerant recovery time during the A/C flush procedure.

1. Recover the refrigerant. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging.
  2. Remove the orifice tube.
  3. Connect the A/C lines with the orifice tube removed.
  4. Remove the A/C compressor.
  5. Install the J 45268-3 to the A/C compressor hose assembly.
  6. Forward flow refrigerant flushing is recommended for contaminated refrigerant or PAG oil. Perform the following procedure: IMPORTANT: The filter inside the J 45268-1 is serviceable. Remove and discard the check valve from the filter.
6.1. Service the filter with AC P/N GF 470, before each flush. Connect the J 45268-1 flush filter to the suction port of the J 45268-3 flush adapter.
6.2. Connect the blue hose from the J 43600 to the J 45268-1 flush filter adapter.
6.3. Connect the red hose from the J 43600 to the J 45268-3.
  1. Reverse flow refrigerant flushing is recommended for desiccant bag failure only. Perform the following procedure and replace the accumulator when the flush is complete: IMPORTANT: The filter inside the J 45268-1 is serviceable. Remove and discard the check valve from the filter.
7.1. Service the filter with AC P/N OF 470, before each flush. Connect the J 45268-1 flush filter to the discharge port of the J 45268 - 3 flush adapter.
7.2. Connect the blue hose from the J 43600 to the J 45268-1 flush filter adapter.
7.3. Connect the red hose from the J 43600 to the suction port of the J 45268-3.
  1. Flush the A/C system. Follow the instructions supplied with the J 43600. Close the valve on the external refrigerant tank, before starting the flush process. NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
  2. Remove the J 45268-3 from the A/C compressor hose assembly.

Tighten
Tighten the drain plug to 20 N.m (15 lb ft ).

1. Install the A/C compressor.
  2. Inspect the orifice tube for debris. Clean or replace as needed.
  3. Install the orifice tube.
  4. Evacuate and recharge the A/C system. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging. IMPORTANT: Flushing will remove all the PAG oil from the A/C system.
  5. Add the total system capacity of PAG oil to the A/C system. Refer to Refrigerant System Capacities. IMPORTANT: Flushing will remove the fluorescent leak detection dye from the A/C system.
  6. Add one bottle of J 41447 using the J 41459.
  7. Leak test the fittings using the J 42220.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can the line be unclogged possibly from where the condensation drains out of the vehicle and where is that located