Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year Factory Trained Current GM Technician

2004 buick rendezvous: electrical problems..dash wont start

Customer Question

2004 buick rendezvous electrical problems, no dash gauges then error condition messages then it wont start, etc., etc. No set pattern. Dealer has looked three times. Replaced ignition swich - did not help. Any ideas?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Hello <a href=""Customer

Check the battery cables to make sure they are tight and free of crossion.
I have replaced a few Body Control Modules(BCM) for issues like this. I check theBCM grounds first and if they are good, I replace the BCM. Sometimes I find U-codes for loss of communication in different modules. Some times it fixes it and others I have to replace another module.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They replaced the BCM yesterday but they still have the car. Not a good sign. Is a U-code the same as a diagnostic code? I accepted your reply so you should be able to get paid. Thanks . . . A.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I get a follow-up inquiry about this every so often and I am not sure what is wanted. We eventually returned the car to the dealer and purchased a different vehicle. In the final analysis, nothing solved the problem and the consensus of opinion was that the vehicle had been in water deep enough to affect all of the electrical system. So....

Your help was appreciated even though there was really no solution to the problem.