Goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hrybrid certified

2003 Buick LeSabre: My air bag light comes on and stays..module

My air bag light comes on and stays on after the system test at start up.How do I reset the air bag module in a 2003 Buick LeSabre?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Goodwrench9124 replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and welcome. if the air bag light is staying on, this indicates there is a problem of some kind with the air bag system. this will will require a code pulled from system and a repair made on the fault that is causing the light to come on before the light will go out!

If there is anything you dont understand, Please feel free to ask me to exlain
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I know there's a problem. My question is: How do I reset the air bag module?
there is no way to reset the module or the light until the fault has been repaired. the system constantly monitors itself for problems. if there is a problem with the system, the light will remain on and the air bag system will be disabled.

The SDM performs continuous diagnostic monitoring of the SIR system electrical components and circuitry when the ignition is turned ON. If the SDM detects a malfunction, a DTC will be stored and the SDM will command the AIR BAG indicator ON, notifying the driver that a malfunction exist.