Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2001 LESABRE: CAN YOU ACCESS THE PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID..TRANNY

CAN YOU ACCESS THE PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID ON THE TRANSMISSION OF A 2001 LESABRE WITHOUT DROPPING THE TRANNY ?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

You do not have to drop transmission, just remove side cover and here are instructions. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks

Service and Repair
Notes

Pressure Control Solenoid Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Remove the case side cover.
  2. Disconnect the transaxle wiring harness.
  3. Remove the pressure control solenoid (322)

Installation Procedure

1. Install the pressure control solenoid (322).
  2. Connect the transaxle wiring harness.
  3. Install the case side cover.
Dan, Technician
Experience: Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
DOES SIDE PANEL REMOVAL REQUIRE ANY SPECIAL TOOLS ? CAN GASKET BE RE-USED ?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
It does not require any special tools just 10mm bolts, and yes buy a new gasket. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANKS DAN, ONE MORE QUESTION - CAN I ? PART NUMBER ? IS DELPHI BRAND GOOD ? I APPRECIATE THE INFO...PAUL
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Transmission solenoids arent too picky so you can use any brand solenoid from your local parts store. I do not have a part number for this. I also just realized you will have to remove the axle shaft assembly to remove side cover. Here are instructions for that. Thanks again.

Service and Repair
Notes

Front Wheel Drive Shaft Replacement

• Tools Required
  • J2619-01 Slide Hammer
  • J29794 Extension
  • J33008-A Wheel Drive Shaft Remover
  • J42129 Hub Spindle Remover

Removal Procedure

1. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Vehicle Lifting.
  2. Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
  3. If equipped with automatic level control, disconnect the automatic level sensor link from the ball stud on the lower control arm.
  4. Disconnect the outer tie rod end from the steering knuckle; do NOT loosen the tie rod end jam nut.
  5. Insert a drift or punch (1) into the brake rotor and against the brake caliper in order to prevent the wheel hub and bearing from turning.
  6. Remove the wheel drive shaft spindle nut (2) retaining the wheel drive shaft to the hub.
  7. Remove the stabilizer shaft link. Important: Be sure that the wheel speed sensor wiring harness is repositioned away from the ball joint after disconnecting the electrical connector from the sensor.
  8. Disconnect the electrical connector from the wheel speed sensor and reposition the wiring harness away from the ball joint.
  9. Disconnect the lower ball joint from the steering knuckle.
  10. Install the J 42129 onto the wheel hub and secure with wheel nuts. Important: Be sure to support the wheel drive shaft until it is fully removed from the vehicle.
  11. Using the J 42129, disengage the wheel drive shaft from the wheel hub and bearing and support the wheel drive shaft.

1. Assemble the J2619-01, the J29794, and the J33008-A.
  2. Using the J2619-01, the J29794, and the J 33008-A, disengage the wheel drive shaft (2) from the transaxle (1).
  3. Remove the wheel drive shaft from the vehicle.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the wheel drive shaft (2) to the transaxle (1).
  2. Verify that the wheel drive shaft is properly engaged to the transaxle by grasping the inner tripot housing and pulling outward. Do not pull on the wheel drive shaft bar. The wheel drive shaft will remain firmly in place when properly engaged.

1. Install the wheel drive shaft to the hub and bearing (2).
  2. Connect the ball joint to the steering knuckle.
  3. Connect the wheel speed sensor electrical connector.
  4. Install the stabilizer shaft link.

1. Insert a drift or punch (1) into the rotor and against the caliper in order to prevent the hub and bearing from turning. Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
  2. Install the wheel drive shaft spindle nut to the wheel drive shaft.
    • Tighten the wheel drive shaft spindle nut to 160 Nm (118 ft. lbs.).
  1. Connect the outer tie rod end to the steering knuckle.
  2. If equipped with automatic level control, connect the automatic level sensor link to the ball stud on the lower control arm.
  3. Install the tire and wheel assembly.
  4. Lower the vehicle.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANKS AGAIN...PAUL