Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic

how to replace the rear spark plugs in 2005 buick century

Category: Buick
Expert:  Daryl replied 7 years ago.

To change the plugs you just remove the wires by twisting and pulling (they do make a tool to remove) and then the plugs come right out using a spark plug socket.

If there is a specific problem you are having let me know.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What tool would I have to use to make it easier to remove the spark plugs? I have also observed how tight (cramp) it is to get to the spark plugs for removal, installation and torquing them. What procedure (s) do you recommend for a novice?
Expert:  Daryl replied 7 years ago.
I just use a long 3/8 ratchet and a spark plug socket, I know it is tight on the rear but of this vehicle has the bar that runs from one strut tower to the other it makes the job easier if you remove that. The torque for the plugs is 13 ft lbs
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Also, do you recommend changing the spark plug wires? What spark plugs do you recommend?
Expert:  Daryl replied 7 years ago.
Yes I alway replace the plugs and wires as a set because sometimes the wire get damaged when taking them off, I always use AC delco plugs on all GM vehicles.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Lastly, since this will be considered a tuneup, are there any other items or parts I need to replace at this time?
Expert:  Daryl replied 7 years ago.
I would also change the pcv valve in the front valve cover and be sure the air filter is clean or replace it.