Carhelp4u, Buick Technician
Experience:  Ase Certification

2003 buick century: check engine light came..jiffy lube

2003 buick century- check engine light came on jiffy lube computer gave me code 128. where can I print out info. on what action I need to take/exactly what is the problem?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
Does this car seem to get up to operating temperature while you are driving, or does it seem to run cooler than normal?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
gets to normal operating temperature per gauge; however having AC temperature problems--doesn't get as cold as it should.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
Ok well this trouble code is regarding an issue with the coolant temp not coming up to the operating temperature. This would honestly be hard to verify by watching the coolant temp gauge. See the computer in this car actually watches the coolant temperature over a certain amount of time and if the temp is not where it should be in this window of time you will get this trouble code. The most common cause for a problem like this is a thermostat stuck slightly open. This will allow for the car to warm up, but not fully to the point that the cooling system is up to temp. There is a slight chance that this could be a problem with the coolant temp sensor, but if you are getting a smooth accurate reading at the temp gauge, I would really recommend replacing the thermostat at this point. Feel free to contact me with any questions or problems! Good luck!