Travis
Travis, Buick Technician
Experience:  7+ years of GM dealership experience, GM ASEP trained, Assoc. Degree in Auto. Tech.
14792462

The 25 amp fuse, (for backup lights and instrument panel) continues

The 25 amp fuse, (for backup lights and instrument panel) continues to blow on my 2003 Buick Park Avenue. Is there an electrical trouble shooting manual available? I checked the rear wire in the trunk paneling looking for a damaged wire, having no luck of finding anthing. Where would the short likely be? Should I take this to a dealer? Regards
Category: Buick
Expert:  Travis replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

What is the fuse labeled as?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's reference #24 LP PK 25 amp
Expert:  Travis replied 5 years ago.

Ok, thank you.

There is anohter fuse labeld as B/U LAMP, located in the interior fuse panel. Can you check this one and make sure it is ok. The fuse also ties into the LP PK fuse.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Travis,

The Instrument Panel fuse block diagram shows a b/up, however there isn't a receptacle for the fuse. The fuse that keeps blowing in under the hood fuse block.

The following is the list of fuses shown.

SBM- interior lamps, HUD - head up display switch, CSTR/SBM instrument panel cluster, LP PKL & LP PK R for park, side marker, turn lamp,stop lamp. The fuse block is dificult to reach.

Is there anyway to drop the fuse block in order to have easier access?

Thanks

Expert:  Travis replied 5 years ago.

Here is a wiring diagram to help you see what I am looking at.

I think the short will be between the LP PK fuse and the LCM (lamp control module). If there is no b/u lamp fuse, then this is a really small circuit.

graphic

Do you want to know how to drop the underhood block or the interior block?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'llcheck to see if the LCM fuse is ok; other than that, i"ll have to take it to a dealer.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Travis replied 5 years ago.

Your welcome. Yeah, electrical shorts can be very hard to track down, also, the LCM could also have an internal short and cause this to happen.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks,

Travis

Travis, Buick Technician
Experience: 7+ years of GM dealership experience, GM ASEP trained, Assoc. Degree in Auto. Tech.