Dan, Buick Technician
Experience:  GM trained, GM Mark of Excellence, ASE Master Certified

2008 buick: I apply the brakes to come..sound coming..dealership..GM

I have a 2008 buick enclave CXL. When I apply the brakes to come to a stop and some times when I turn left there is a real annoying creaking sound coming from the direction of the drivers side door. When I took it to a Buick dealership, they said that GM was working on it, but it was not a safety hazard. Do you have any idea what the problem is?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

Are you sure this bulletin isn't what you have going on?

#07-03-08-006B: Squeak/Creak/Pop Type Noise from Front of Vehicle (Replace Both Front Strut Upper Mounts) - (Jun 13, 2008)

Subject:Squeak/Creak/Pop Type Noise from Front of Vehicle (Replace Both Front Strut Upper Mounts)

Models:2008 Buick Enclave
2007-2008 GMC Acadia
2007-2008 Saturn OUTLOOK
Built Prior to March 01, 2008

This bulletin is being revised to update the warranty information to include a bulletin only labor operation number. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 07-03-08-006A (Section 03 -- Suspension).

Some customers may comment on a squeak/creak/pop type noise coming from the front of the vehicle. This noise will most likely occur during low speed turning after a small to medium suspension travel.

The cause of this condition may be due to the front strut dust boot rubbing against the vertical face of the retaining cup.

A new front strut upper mount has been developed to correct this condition. Replace the right and left side front strut upper mounts following the published SI replacement procedure.

Parts Information

Part Number

Mount Assembly, Front Strut

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I want to accept but the credit card number that you have is no longer in use.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Ok, get with JustAnswer and discuss what needs to be done. Unfortunately, I know nothing about the business end of this site. I only know cars, LoL. Thanks for the accept and best of luck.