Billy
Billy, Buick Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector

My 1997 Buick Park Ave has an ABS Light and Traction Light

My 1997 Buick Park Ave has an ABS Light and Traction Light coming on every so often I have since replaced both front wheel bearings and ABS sensors this fixed the problem for about a day but now the warning lights stay on every time the car is driven. What could be causing this to happen ?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.
hello and welcome to just answer.

You will need scan the abs system for codes and data, this will determine which ABS sensor/component is at fault. If the test reveals that a wheel speed sensor is faulty then replace the sensor, if you haven't already done so. Inspect the connections and wiring as well at the same time and repair as necessary.
If the diagnosis reveals that the fault is with a wheel speed sensor that you have already replaced, then you will need to replace the wiring harness that runs from the sensor connector to the abs/underhood main harness. You can purchase these harnesses from the dealer as they periodically have to replace them, or make/fabricate your own harness.
However be aware, if you are planning to fabricate the harness your self, you will need, new terminals, connector, crimping tools and you will need to "twist" the wires to reduce electrical interference in the system. You can check the old harness as an example.

If you feel my answer was helpful, please click the ACCEPT button. Feedback & Bonuses are always welcome.
Best regards,
Billy.
Billy, Buick Technician
Experience: Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What type of scan tool is best to use for this ?
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.
hello again,

Any tool that displays life time abs and wheel speed sensor data. A factory TECH-2 is the best, XXXXX XXXXX and MAC has some tool on the market as well. Not as good as the TECH-2 but it should do the job.

Best regards,
Billy
Billy, Buick Technician