Mike, General Motors Technician
Experience:  Seventeen years of automotive experience with the past thirteen in General Motors dealerships.
13303789

2000 buick lesabre: replacement of low beam headlight bulb

I need step by step insturctions for replacement of low beam headlight bulb on a 2000 Buick LeSabra
Category: Buick
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer my name is Mike.

You should not have to remove the headlamp assemblies, just reach behind the lamp assembly and turn the bulb. The instructions are below, please ask if you have any questions. Be sure and read the caution statements carefully.

Headlamp Bulb Replacement

Removal Procedure

Caution: Halogen bulbs contain gas under pressure. Handling a bulb improperly could cause it to shatter into flying glass fragments. To help avoid personal injury:

Turn off the lamp switch and allow the bulb to cool before changing the bulb.
    Leave the lamp switch OFF until the bulb change is complete.
    Always wear eye protection when changing a halogen bulb.
    Handle the bulb only by its base. Avoid touching the glass.
    Keep dirt and moisture off the bulb.
    Properly dispose of the used bulb.
    Keep halogen bulbs out of the reach of children.

Object Number: 255293  Size: SH

1. To remove the passenger side high beam headlamp bulb, refer to Headlamp Replacement .

To replace all other headlamp bulbs go to step 2.

2. Twist the headlamp bulb (3 or 4) counter clockwise until the retainer tabs are released.
  3. Pull the bulb straight out to remove.
  4. Disconnect the bulb from the wire harness.

Installation Procedure

Notice: Avoid touching the bulb or letting the bulb come in contact with anything damp. Oil from your skin or moisture on the bulb can cause the bulb to explode when the bulb is turned on. If either comes in contact with the bulb, clean the bulb with alcohol or a suitable degreaser and wipe the bulb dry.

Object Number: 255293  Size: SH

1. Install the wire harness to the headlamp bulb.
  2. Install the headlamp bulb (3 or 4) into the headlamp assembly (1).
  3. Twist the bulb clockwise until the retainers click into place.
  4. Install the headlamp assembly, if necessary. Refer to Headlamp Replacement .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Its the low beam bulb #9005 I replaced the high beam that was easy to get to, but the low beam bulb is not that easy to get to, I need step by step info.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

These are the instructions for headlamp assembly removal and installation.

Headlamp Replacement

Removal Procedure

Object Number: 469815  Size: SH

1. Remove the headlamp fasteners.
    Object Number: 640496  Size: SH
  2. Using a pry bar, gently pry in the center area of the headlamp assembly. Pry the headlamp assembly straight forward in order to unsnap the headlamp ball stud from the ball stud socket.
  3. Slide the headlamp straight forward and disconnect the headlamp electrical connectors from the forward lamp wiring harness.
  4. Remove the headlamp from the vehicle.

Installation Procedure

Object Number: 469815  Size: SH

1. Install the headlamp to the vehicle.
  2. Connect the electrical connectors.
  3. Position the headlamp in order to align the locator pins with the headlamp mounting bracket.
  4. Press the headlamp rearward in order to engage the ball stud with the ball stud socket.

5. Install the headlamp fasteners.

Tighten
    Tighten the headlamp mounting fasteners to 9 N·m (80 lb in).

Mike, General Motors Technician
Experience: Seventeen years of automotive experience with the past thirteen in General Motors dealerships.