Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a five year old evinrude 25 hp e-tech. Starts easy

Customer Question

I have a five year old evinrude 25 hp e-tech. Starts easy and runs good for 10 minutes. Then it abruptly stops and wont restart till it cools down. it's getting gas. It's new gas.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: the boat was stored out of water all winter. I changed the plugs before it went back in water. and made sure they were indexed to point at the injectors.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: is anysone looking into my evinrude problem
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 10 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read everything you wrote. There is very very little you can do to the engine yourself and you will most likely have to take the outboard to the dealer. Did you have any questions that I could answer for you?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no is there some fuse or coil to check
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no It doesn't look like this service can help me. I can take it to a dealer so log me out thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 10 days ago.

There is an engine computer on the side the engine. It is called an EMM. On that EMM there are 4 LED lights. Can you duplicate the problem and then tell me specifically what each of those lights are doing when the engine stalls?