Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a fishing boat, just bought it and I went two times

Customer Question

I have a fishing boat, just bought it and I went two times with it on the water. First time all went good, the second time when I was accelerating the bow would raise up and would not get to plane and would not gain any speed. I have noticed that if I trim up the motor so that is just inside the water while I am accelerating the motor goes down and I cannot trim it up while on throttle.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 11 days ago.

On the clamp bracket of your engine you will see two allen headed bolts with brass nuts. These act as a trim stop. Remove these two bolts to allow the motor to trim down further. This will allow you to get on plane quicker and the bow to come down.

For the trimming issue, the engine has a release built into it that will only allow so much trim while on plane. Any more than that, the engine will move down to the max allowable trim angle and stay there.