Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a problem with my verado engine 300, when i start the

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a problem with my verado engine 300
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: when i start the engine sometimes it wont start its only turning
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: yup
JA: What else should I tell the Marine Mechanic?
Customer: when i exchanged the keys and their cables the problem became with the another engine instead of the first one
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 9 days ago.

When you swapped the harness and the key switch and it followed, this would tell you that it is one of them. Go back to the original set up, then move only the key switch from one to the other, see if the problem still folows to the other engine. If it does not, swap them back to original, then swap the harness. If the issue follows the harness, that tells you that the harness is the fault.