Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have an 03 seasport with Volvo penta 290 diesel. Approx.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have an 03 seasport with Volvo penta 290 diesel. Approx. 1200 hours. Outdrive falls out of gear without moving shift lever and wont resume until you achieve about 1200 rpm! Smooth when under way. but when you idle back say to come into harbor, its as if you have shifted to neutral until you rev engine to about 1200 rpm again!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: We had this issue a couple years ago. The mechanic put new bearings and spool shifter in the upper housing. Everything fine after that for a couple of years. Then at the end of last season it started again. Should have lasted way longer I think!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I read what you wrote, it seems like you already know what the issue is. What kinds of questions did you have for me?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

It looks like you read my reply, did you have any questions for me or are you all set?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. I saw that you requested a phone call. When you put through that request I had already logged off for the evening. Did you want to set up a call for sometime today?