Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

On my 1997 450 Sea ray Sundancer, I am getting the error

Customer Question

On my 1997 450 Sea ray Sundancer, I am getting the error code HI P5 on my SMX II air conditioner panel. Please advise
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Air compressor shuts off after a few minutes with the air conditioner running. The fan runs continuously.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Not at this moment.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 13 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Did you remember to turn on the water pump for the AC? Is the water pump discharging water out of the side of the boat?

Expert:  Jason replied 13 days ago.

The system says that your payment would not go through to authorize the phone call. Did you want get that worked out with customer service or did you want to stay online?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I just turned on the air conditioner/pump relay.
Expert:  Jason replied 13 days ago.

Did you have a look at the side of the boat to see if the AC pump was pumping water? The HI P5/PS codes is because the AC condenser is overheating, causing it to go into a safe mode and shut down. The Condensers are water cooled by the AC water pump. The pump is either not working, clogged, or the condenser itself is clogged. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
water is pumping out of right side of the boat.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
All units are working without interruption.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No need to speak by phone. Thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 13 days ago.

Can you check and see if the condenser is getting real hot to the touch?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Logging off now. I appreciate your assistance. Best.
Expert:  Jason replied 13 days ago.

If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 13 days ago.

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind the website did charge you the full amount that you offered speak with me, but they will hold your money and not pay me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a further question on the issue by all means please feel free to ask. If not, kindly select a rating for my service. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.

Thanks

Jason