Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a Tohatsu Direct Injection 40hp. 2008. This is my

Customer Question

Hi
I have a Tohatsu Direct Injection 40hp. 2008.
This is my problem.
When re-connecting the battery I accidentally touched the battery tablet to the wrong terminals. There was a small spark from the terminals. The touch was only momentary. I did not turn the ignition switch. When I connected them up properly. I checked the power trim, which was working fine. I turned the engine over. It cranked a few turns, then stopped. All power to the engine was lost, including the power trim. I disconnected the battery and checked isolator switch and fuses. All seemed ok. When I re connected the battery, the power trim was working again, but as soon as I turned the ignition switch, all power was lost again. If I disconnect the battery and re connect it, the power seems to be on again, but turning the ignition switch kills it. Any ideas? Is there a main trip switch somewhere? I can't see one.
Many thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

HI Ben, my name is***** you have another battery that you can try?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks
I have solved it myself.
It was just a dodgy battery terminal..