Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a manual Jabsco toilet with a header tank The tank

Customer Question

I have a manual Jabsco toilet with a header tank The tank seems to be blocked The toilet when pumped is discharging liquid out the vent
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I assume the header tank pipe to the hull is blocked and have tried to clear by putting a wire up the hole from the hull but this did not work and have also tried by pushing a plunger up and down as best i could over the hole in the hull
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Tan. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and will reply momentarily.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Have you had the holding tank pumped out?

If the tank is full of waste it will come out the vent.

How old is the unit and what is the boat it is installed in?