Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I am trying to determine if a 60 hp engine will be

Customer Question

I am trying to determine if a 60 hp engine will be sufficient power for my 17.5 ft. aquasport (1997 model)
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: At the moment the boat has an evinrude 75 hp on the back and the local mechanic says that it needs a new "computer board". It is a 3rd hand engine. I can get an evinrude 60 new for a reasonable price. Will buy new if the hp is enough.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** have a question for you, it might take me some time to look this but so I will ask you first. The question I have for you is do you know what the boat is actually rated for horsepower wise?