Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My 2000 40hp 2 stroke mercury is Sneeze and will not idle,

Customer Question

my 2000 40hp 2 stroke mercury is Sneeze and will not idle
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: my 40hp 2 stroke mercury outboard will not stay idle it just shut off and when I can get to run it Sneeze whileing runing
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I rebuilt the carb, the fuel pump,and the thermstate plus all the fuel lines
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Do you have the serial number of the engine handy so that I can see which model you have?