Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a question about my seadoo challenger, My boat doesnt

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a question about my seadoo challenger
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: My boat doesnt go over 3000 rpm full throttle in water. Out of water its fine
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

First thing you would need to look at is the spark plugs on the engine. If all the cylinders are firing, make sure that all are getting fuel and that the compression is good, on all cylinders. To get more detailed, I will need to know which engine that you have.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Its a single 787. All that is good. Looks like 1 spark plug looks new while the other looks blacker. Is the one that looks new getting wet?
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Getting wet either means that the cylinder is not firing or it is flooding. Can you tell if it is water or fuel on the plug.