Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Have a prop question, thinking of buying the Mako Pro Skiff

Customer Question

have a prop question
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: thinking of buying the Mako Pro Skiff 19, with 115 mercury four stroke. I am adding a jacking plate, want to know what stainless prop you would recommend and pitch?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no, looking for the right answer to the prop question, cause i cant water test a new boat.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Is this a new package, or a used boat?

If used what year is the engine?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
new boat, Bass Pro Shops. Package setup Pro skiff 19, jacking plate, 115 four stroke. comes standard with an aluminum prop. ok, so i will be running this in back country, probably with trim/plate up to mild cavitation point. what type of prop would you suggest.
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Running a 4 blade will give you more bite on the water. This will drop top speed slightly, but will gain hole shot. For the pitch, I would go with what ever the pitch is on the aluminum prop. I know that Tracker does a good job with getting the pitch right on these boats when they release them.