Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have 1999 200hp eveinrode I need know how much compression

Customer Question

I have 1999 200hp eveinrode I need know how much compression the cylinders should have.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: this engine was running tops at 45 to 50 knots and now all I am getting is 36 knots I put a new gasoline pump and spark plugs and still no perfermance
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 11 days ago.

Hello my name is Jason.

Compression should be 90 psi or better on all cylinders in order for the engine to still make it's full power. It will still run to some degree with lower compression, but there no guarantees as to how much power it would make, or idle quality.

Expert:  Jason replied 11 days ago.

If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason