Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Yamaha 2003 model 200 vmax runs perfect. It will just die in

Customer Question

Yamaha 2003 model 200 vmax runs perfect. It will just die in yeh middle of running perfect and will not start back up like not getting fire for some electrical issue. Then after it sits awhile and disconnect the power and EVEYTHING it will be fine to start.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No that's it
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I read what you wrote. What is the model number on the engine? What kinds of questions did you have?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Don't know the model number. It's 2003 Yamaha vmax. I want to know why it runs perfect and then just dies and won't start back. I checked it is getting fuel when this happens but it's like the fire isn't happening. But it can sit a few minutes and then start up fine or sometimes takes a few hours.
Expert:  Jason replied 6 days ago.

You wrote that "like the fire insn't happenin". Did you check for spark to see if it as in fact loosing spark?