Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Mercruiser 3.0 will start but not stay running, 1. new

Customer Question

mercruiser 3.0 will start but not stay running
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: 1. new engine 2 years old, 2 my mechanic just did a carb kit but I let it sit for
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: over a month. He also put in a new alternator. This is all on a new engine he installed 2years ago.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 12 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

How old is the fuel in the boat? When was the last time the engine ran normally as it should?

Expert:  Jason replied 12 days ago.

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am still here the boat ran good about 1 1/2 months ago. The fuel is probably 2 months old but I filled the tank up
with hi test gas last week and added gas shok.
Expert:  Jason replied 12 days ago.

I see you requested a call. The website does charge an additional 26 for the phone service upgrade. (This is on top of the 29 you paid for an online web chat). Did you want to set up a phone call or stay online?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i am waiting
Expert:  Jason replied 12 days ago.

I just replied back, do you not see my last reply?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am waiting on line for you. Please respond
Expert:  Jason replied 12 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Jason are you still there?? This is start to tick me off as I am not getting anywhere. My darn mechanic has been screwing with me and I want this engine running so I can go fishing. PLEASE ADVISE.
Expert:  Jason replied 12 days ago.

I am replying back to you, can you not see this reply?

Expert:  Jason replied 12 days ago.

Can you see this, say yes or no?