Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

How do I determine if the battery recharger is working on a

Customer Question

How do I determine if the battery recharger is working on a Four Winn Vista 328 boat?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I have a Four Winn Vista 328 and I don't think the battery charger system is working.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
When I am plugged into shore power, I think the the better charger should keep the batteries from being drained. It is set to "on" on the control panel but the batteries are being drained. How do I determine what the problem is?
Expert:  Tan replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I'm Tan. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and will reply momentarily.

Expert:  Tan replied 14 days ago.

We need to check that the charger is getting ac voltage at the charger first. Then we need to determine the make and model to go further.

Do you have a volt meter and the knowledge to do voltage checks ac and dc?