Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I need some instruction on changing a neutral safety switch

Customer Question

I need some instruction on changing a neutral safety switch on my boat 2010 75hp yamaha
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Intermittent starting, have to jiggle the Throttle arm sometimes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: That should be it. Just need to know if the switch can be adjusted of needs to be replaced and where I can find one if needed
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 15 days ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I would need to know exactly which remote control you have. Do you know which one you have? If no, can you take a picture of it for me?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hey Jason, not sure what you mean by remote control. It's the neutral safety switch in the throttle arm. There is no remote control.
Expert:  Jason replied 15 days ago.

Is this a tiller operated outboard or does it have a separate throttle shift lever at the boats helm?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Jason, Thanks for your response, yes it has a separate throttle shift lever at helm. No disrespect to you yet I'm alittle skeptical about my payment for the website re your answers.
Expert:  Jason replied 15 days ago.

I'm just a contractor, I don't work for the website and I don't have anything to do with billing. If you had billing questions you would need to contact customer service at *****@******.***

Did you want to continue or call it quits?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
That's fine, yes continue. What would be your next answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 15 days ago.

My next answer isn't an answer, its a question. The neutral switch is in side of that throttle shift lever. I would need to know exactly which one you have in order to answer your questions.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It's a throttle that belongs on a 2010 yamaha 75 hp. Are you asking me the brand of throttle that is there presently? I was trying to figure out if I can take it out and just clean it or if the switch can be taken out and replaced?