Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 2013 Tahoe deck boat mold 215IX - sterndrive. The

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Tahoe deck boat mold 215IX - sterndrive. The automatic sump pump is running constantly, but no water left to pump out. I assume the float is stuck in the "up" position, but I can't even see the pump. The engine compartment is so cramped that there is no way to reach down there. Any ideas for disconnecting the sump until I can have a technician look at it?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the marine mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Are you looking to also use the boat at the same time, or do you just want the pump to stop running?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just want the sumo to stop running
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

No problem. All you need to do is go to the battery and disconnect all of the wires on the negative terminal. Once you do that there won't be any power to the pump.

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I learned nothing new.
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry I don't understand you.

1. You want to shut the pump off

2. You do not plan on using the boat

Disconnecting the battery will solve that problem, will it not?

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind that you did offer to pay the website 26$ to speak with me and they did charge you to speak with me, but they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a further question on the issue by all means please feel free to ask. If not, kindly select a rating for my service. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.

Thanks

Jason