Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My Yamaha 150 will not start, acts like the battery is dead;

Customer Question

Hello. My Yamaha 150 will not start, acts like the battery is dead; fully charged battery. Kill switch is clipped in and in neutral. Engine mane one clipping sound and that is it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the marine mechanic can help you best.
Customer: When the key is turned, the engine makes one clicking sound and that is it. Very low hour engine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the marine mechanic should know?
Customer: Nothing other than what I wrote.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 19 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Expert:  Jason replied 19 days ago.

I read what you wrote. I have some questions back to you. What is the model number on the engine? Do you have a hand held volt meter and do you know how to take voltage measurments? Are you near the engine now and ready to work?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My name is Thel. The engine is 150 four stroke. I do have a volt meter that I can operate, but the boat is not nearby.
Expert:  Jason replied 19 days ago.

Hi Thel.

Did you have an actual model number? If the boat is not nearby how is it I can be of help to you, what kinds of questions did you have for me?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I should check back when I am at my boat.
Thanks.
Expert:  Jason replied 19 days ago.

Okay you are welcome