Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 1986 evenrude 110hp it has a vro pump that I had to

Customer Question

I have a 1986 evenrude 110hp it has a vro pump that I had to disconnect the oil to and run pre mix ,but now after sitting for a year I can only keep it running by having to keep hitting the choke button
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the marine mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: nope that's it
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 22 days ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Expert:  Jason replied 22 days ago.

The engine needs a specific ratio of fuel to air in order to start and run correctly. If that ratio goes out of balance for any reason the engine will either not run or run poorly. The problem with your engine is the carburetors are clogged, and not flowing the amount of fuel that they should be, which is throwing that ratio off. When you hit the choke, by hitting the choke you are bringing the fuel air ratio closer to where it needs to be, which is why it runs. When the engine runs, there is a mix of fuel and oil inside of the carbs internal float boat. When the engine sits, that fuel evaporates, and the oil gets left behind which turns into a varnish which is what is clogging up the fuel jets inside of the carb. The fix here is to have the carbs pulled and rebuilt by somebody qualified to do the job.

Expert:  Jason replied 22 days ago.

I don't know how you want to leave this but that is where you stand on your end and what needs to be done. I think that should do it but I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason