Chris
Chris, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced personal watercraft tech
5111025

We have a 2008 seadoo rxt 255, i have flushed it with rv

Customer Question

we have a 2008 seadoo rxt 255 , i have flushed it with rv antifreeze and also put 100 psi into the intake as instructed in owners manual. I ran it during flushing , then blew it out with air. is it winterized? , thanks, ***** *****
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the marine mechanic should know?
Customer:***@******.***
Category: Boat
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

I see your question has gone some time unanswered so I will assist you. If you ran antifreeze through the flush port and it began running out the back through the exhaust, that tells us the water has been flushed out and replaced with the antifreeze. I would also suggest you remove the spark plugs and spray fogging oil in the holes in the cylinder head, crank the engine over for a couple seconds to get the oil spread throughout the engine. I would also suggest you add fuel stabilizer to the tank to keep the fuel fresh. Also, spray some light oil in all of the pivot points and cables to prevent corrosion.

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

If you any further questions or problems, post them here and we can continue to work on a solution. Please remember to rate my assistance, it is the only way I am compensated for my time...Thanks

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Can I be of any further assistance to you?