Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Is the skeg on a 15 hp. 2stroke Yamaha motor the same as a

Customer Question

Is the skeg on a 15 hp. 2stroke Yamaha motor the same as a 25hp
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the marine mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I am going to purpose a new skeg for my 15 hp yamaha 2 stroke motor 2004 model with a skeg off a 2004 25 hp
JA: Is there anything else the marine mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
You can buy a stainless steel skeg for Yamaha from 2004 25hp 2 stroke motor but they do not quote a 15 hp 2 stroke motors
Expert:  Jason replied 21 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I a speaking with?

Are you talking about just the skeg, which is the little aluminum fin at the bottom of the lower unit? Or are you asking about the entire lower unit itself?

Expert:  Jason replied 21 days ago.