Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I run a 4.2 aluminium with a DT 30 suzuki. When loaded (4

Customer Question

i run a 4.2 aluminium with a DT 30 suzuki. When loaded (4 people - rated load) it won't plane with the 10.3*12 prop. what happens if i change to an 11*9 prop - will this help for when I am loaded ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the marine mechanic should know? I'm trying to find the right marine mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: ok
JA: What else should I tell the marine mechanic?
Customer: nothing else i can think of
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is Jason.

No, if anything that propeller will make it worse not better. If anything it sounds like you don't have enough horsepower for what you are looking to do. Do you know the maximum horsepower rating of your boat?