Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Inboard engines look like ford truck motors. Out of boat.

Customer Question

inboard engines look like ford truck motors. Out of boat. need mechanic to findparts and overhaull.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the marine mechanic can help you best.
Customer: bought 28 foot boat wit two motors one need tuneup and maybe starter. Otheris blown but we have a good motor need to switch parts from oneto other. possible need carb and starter.
JA: Is there anything else the marine mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Not a mechanic and do not know proper terms> perhaps we could pay a competent
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  K. Kergan replied 17 days ago.

Hi, my name is Kerry

If I'm going to be any help, I need to know what you have.

Things that can help would be information from any id plates on the transmission and engine,

the color they're painted might help.

What year and model is the boat?

Can you send me pictures?

You would need to put the pictures on your computer and use the paper-clip icon above the chat window to send them.