Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I cannt get my diesel engine to start so i can winterize it,

Customer Question

I cannt get my diesel engine to start so i can winterize it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the marine mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Wont start i changed the oil and fuel fiters
JA: Is there anything else important you think the marine mechanic should know?
Customer: No i just want it fixed if possible
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I apologize but I do not have much info here to go on, I need info such as make and model number, history such as it has been sitting or it was running and then would not start, etc.

For now all I can say is check the basics, air removed from fuel system bleed off, check fuel for water, oil level/pressure, fuel pressure, compression. then we will have more to go on or that will locate the problem.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.