How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joe Your Own Question
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Category: Boat
Satisfied Customers: 7242
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
Type Your Boat Question Here...
Joe is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How doi discharge the water at sea on a 2002 48 ft sea ray?

Customer Question

How doi discharge the gray water at sea on a 2002 48 ft sea ray?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Hi Gregg, my name is Jason.

Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Do you know for certain that this boat has the pump out option? The reason I ask is it was an option on this boat, and not all of them have it. If you don't know for certain then just let me know, and I'll tell you where to look to see if you have it or not.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is the breaker on the panel in off position says discharge there is also button to the right says powerwhich is directly under heading waste system control
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Coming off the holding tank there is a macerator pump, coming off that pump is a hose that connects to a valve in the hull. This valve is normally closed in order to keep seawater from pushing i's way into the holding tank. To discharge the tank, you would have to open this valve and then hit the discharge button on your electrical panel. Once it's pumped out you would close the valve again. I'm attaching a picture showing the location of the valve. See attachment.
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

If you look at the picture, in the middle of it is says "overboard discharge seacock" That is the valve that needs to be opened.

Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
I'm adding another picture. If you look at this one it will say "head discharge". This is going to be the location of that valve. See attachment.
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

I think that should do it. I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you

Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Was there anything else?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I old phone call please
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Opps ok'd
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

There isn't anything I can tell you on the phone that I can't tell you here. The website also does charge an extra 26 dollars on top of the 26 that you already paid. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am ok with the extra charge as of now still have questions
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

What questions did you have?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My wife is the one down below and she can't figure it out
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Did you print out and give her the two pictures that I sent to you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't have a printer I'm OK with the extra charge please call
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry I don't do calls. There isn't anything else I can do for you here. If the pictures I gave you didn't help you then you will need to bring the boat to a dealer to walk you through t.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok bye
Expert:  Joe replied 6 months ago.


Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I am not sure if you have this sorted out now or not but I would be happy to assist you further.

On the tank output will have a macerator pump, from that pump will be a hose that connects to a valve and then exits the hull, some are bottom discharge with a valve and some are side discharge. You guys can try following the discharge hose from tank to the pump to the valve/thru-hull fitting, it should be pretty straight forward however if you would like I would be more than happy to give you a call as well.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Related Boat Questions