Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2009 Crownline 240LS, I live in San Antonio TX and

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Crownline 240LS, I live in San Antonio TX and want to winterize the boat. I have a few questions.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the marine mechanic can help you best.
Customer: 1st, I keep the boat in a storage facility.Should I change the oil now or wait until spring
JA: Is there anything else important you think the marine mechanic should know?
Customer: Let me start over.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Here are my questions:
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
1. should I change the oil now or wait until spring? Do I pump the oil out or is there a drain plug. 2. How do I drain the water out? Where are the drain plugs, do I let it drain or start the engine for 10 seconds? 3. Do i fill the tank with gas and add Sta-Bil and let the engine run away?
Expert:  Jason replied 21 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I do apologize for the wait, your question ended up in the wrong category before it was forward to me. I don't see any kind of model information on the engine itself, what engine is in the boat?