Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Honda bf15 has no spark at plugs. Start-stop switch checks

Customer Question

Honda bf15 has no spark at plugs. Start-stop switch checks ok.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the marine mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Motor is a pull start,and is hard to pull, but pulls thru ok. Bought used with no guarantee . Has not been started for several months.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the marine mechanic should know?
Customer: plugs are new.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

To start I notice you mentioned it is hard to pull, this can be a problem because if the engine does not turn over fast enough then it will not create spark. So that is the first place I would start checking. If it is truly hard to pull then chances are it is also not able to turn the engine fast enough and thus no spark.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
pull it faster is no answer. It pulls easily with the plugs out, which is how you determine that there is no spark.( plug s grounded, checked in dark room} If that is the best you can do, just send my $25 back.