Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I mate, I have just brought a second hand Mercury 175xl

Customer Question

I mate, I have just brought a second hand Mercury 175xl Outboard and I need to know some basic information on it regarding all oils, how much in the leg, what oil for the two stroke mix etc
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the marine mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no, appreciate the help though
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 27 days ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

All Mercurys are cataloged by serial number, do you happen to have that number handy so I can run it and see exactly what you have? If you do no have the serial number, is this a 2 stroke carb, 4 stroke, 2 stroke EFI, or 2 stroke optimax?