Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 6.2 mercruiser horizon and bravo 2 sterndrive, i

Customer Question

I have a 6.2 mercruiser horizon and bravo 2 sterndrive, i haven't used it for a few months and today i replaced the starter motor the motor cranked over first time but the prop was turning?? I tried to select Neutral and it did go into neutral but now i cannot get Fwd or Rev.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the marine mechanic should know?
Customer: I think neglect has a lot to do with my issues as even the steering is very stiff stiff
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hi John, good morning my name is Jason.

These sterndrives do not shift unless the engine is running. Was the engine running when you tried to shift it?