Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a new motor 60 hp 4 stroke model 1A60413BZ. I would

Customer Question

I have a new motor 60 hp 4 stroke model 1A60413BZ . I would like to get stainless steel prop. Do I get same pitch and size? Standard type efficient operation is goal. On Mako 17' Pro Skiff
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the marine mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Both fresh and saltwater use.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 29 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Do you happen to know what your top speed rpms are with the boat at full speed?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
not sure rpm indicator goes above 7,000 at full speed
Expert:  Jason replied 29 days ago.

That can't be accurate as the engine is governed to about 6200. Typically speaking if you have the correct aluminum propeller on the boat and want to go stainless you would keep the same diameter but drop the pitch by 2. Aluminum propellers flex under load. When the boat is at full speed, a 17 pitch propeller is actually closer to a 15 as the prop blades bend under load. Stainless does not flex, so a 15 pitch will stay a 15 pitch with the boat at full speed. If you go to stainless you want to keep the same diameter and drop down to a 15 pitch. Does that make sense.

Expert:  Jason replied 29 days ago.

I think that should do it but I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 29 days ago.

Was there anything else?

Expert:  Jason replied 29 days ago.

Did you want me to give you a call, it's an extra 26.

Expert:  Jason replied 29 days ago.

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind the website did charge you to speak with me, but they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a further question on the issue by all means please feel free to ask. If not, kindly select a rating for my service. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.

Thanks

Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 29 days ago.

Did you have any questions that I did not answer?