Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Winterizing 1991 volvo penta outdrive. I put water in and

Customer Question

winterizing 1991 volvo penta outdrive. I put water in and ear muffs on but water goes out of the bottom, why?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the marine mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Water runs right back out at the bottom. I'm trying to winterize my outdrives, how can I put antifreeze in for the winter if the water I put in while testing runs right back out at the bottom of the outdrive. Is thre a drainhole there that needs a plug? I'm a new owner, just bought this 1991 30 foot sunrunner with twin volvo pentas v8 and outdrives and am trying to winterize.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the marine mechanic should know?
Customer: My engines have self contained cooling system with anitfreeze.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is Jason.

Which model sterndrive do you have?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
dp cd trim
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
let's just talk like this, okay?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jason, are you there . . can't afford another $26.00.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
winterizing 1991 volvo penta outdrive. I...
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The marine mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me abit more about what's going on so the marine mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Water runs right back out at the bottom. I'm trying to winterize my outdrives, how can I put antifreeze in for the winter if the water I put in while testing runs right back out at the bottom of the outdrive. Is thre a drainhole there that needs a plug? I'm a new owner, just bought this 1991 30 foot sunrunner with twin volvo pentas v8 and outdrives and am trying to winterize.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the marine mechanic should know?
Customer: My engines have self contained cooling system with anitfreeze.
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Good morning, and sorry for the delay. I waited around for 10 minutes for you last night and when you never replied back I logged off for the evening. Did you still need help with this?