Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

2012 Yamaha fxho. Won't start after a hard beach landing???

Customer Question

2012 Yamaha fxho. Won't start after a hard beach landing??? The battery is charged. Ran perfect all day yeasterday. Went to flush the engine. It clicks a little, but won't start. Any ideas?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 29 days ago.

Hi Kevin, my name is Jason.

Do you have a hand held volt meter and do you know how to take voltage measurements? What is the model number on the outboard?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I do not. Two days ago I pulled out wave runner and my shorai lithium battery was dea. I charged it for 10 hours. Yesterday I used wave runner all day. Starting stopping. It was anchored for 3-4 hours and started up perfectly every time. At the end of the day I drove it up the beach and it hit pretty hard on wet compacted sand. Now it won't start. I charged the battery again just to be sure and my tender is showing it as green and charged, plus I'm not getting a low bolt warning when attempting to start. It just won't start. Clicks only
Expert:  Jason replied 29 days ago.

Is this an outboard or a jetski?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Waverunner 3 person. Personal water craft. It's yamahas version of a jet ski
Expert:  Jason replied 29 days ago.

Ahh okay, I don't work on those. I will opt out.