Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2009 suzuki df 80 that I am pretty happy with but

Customer Question

I have a 2009 suzuki df 80 that I am pretty happy with but it started running rough at 50 hours. It was under warrenty so I took it in and they said it was probably the fuel had water in it. They ran diagnostics on it and ended up changing the plugs which fixed the problem. It has 89 hours (three year have passed)on it now and it started running rough again. I changed the plugs and It cured the problem once again. I went to the dealer and they were not much help much help, they just said plugs go bad and they need to be changed every year. I am an ASE certified auto mechanic and know that spark plugs last longer than 40 hours. I have been careful with the fuel and drain the tank (no water was found at the bottom of the tank or in the filters) and add fresh ethynol free fuel regulary. The plugs were not dark or fouled and I am confused.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Mike, my name is Jason.

I read everything you wrote. What kinds of questions did you have?

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

It looks like you read my reply and logged off without responding back. You did pay the website 37 bucks to speak with me, did you still need help with this?