Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Took my boat out of the water in marina and connect to the

Customer Question

took my boat out of the water in marina and connect to the grid and Prosine 2.5 donot regonize ac input power
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Since yesterday directly when I took the boat out of the water
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I am in Panama Linton Bay Marina
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I measure the voltage on the input connectors and the voltage is 125 when I switch on the inverter/charger he stops directly and the unit displays no input power
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Please see here: http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Inverter-Chargers/PROsine-3/ProSine_25-30-Owner-Guide(445-0096-01-01_Rev-A).pdf

Starting on page 88 please check for codes and let me know what is found, if no faults/lights/codes then check connections are clean and tight and try turning power off to the unit/resetting it and if it still has the problem it sounds like the inverter will require repair.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Done all these things Xantrex technical support think it is bad grid power
Expert:  Joe replied 29 days ago.

That is why I posted the info I did so that we could diagnose if the problem was with the inverter or something else. To where I explained it would then most likely be a problem with the inverter which is exactly what you stated xantrex support concluded as well.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks again,

Joe